Thursday, July 8, 2010

Withdrawal

Oh man, it has been a long time since I posted. I'm not very good at this, apparently.

So I'm currently going through withdrawals. Not from drugs, like most people who write about their symptoms, but from Gaming. I like to play pen and paper role-playing games, like Dungeons and Dragons and such. Since moving here, the amount of gaming I do has been drastically reduced from playing once or twice a week to... well, pretty much never. What kind of symptoms could I be having? Well, I'm constantly bored, I spend my day reading the rule books and making characters. I've been doing this almost every day for nearly a month now. If only my computer didn't suck so much, I would try playing with my friends via webcam.

I've been thinking that to get over this overwhelming desire to play, I should try posting an add on craigslist, or something. the more i think about it though, the creepier (and more pathetic) that sounds. Maybe I'll try going to a hobby store nearby, and seeing if I can join a group. I've got to do something, because this is getting ridiculous.


In other news, I've decided that I need to make a full-length feature. The big problem with features, though, is that they tend to require money, and usually more than a three person crew. Also, I don't have the attention span needed to bang out 90 pages. I can barely do four. But hot damn, I would like to do it. We'll see. Maybe I can come up with an idea, and then carry that idea tenderly to the page. Then very gently stroke that Idea's hair while it sleeps, and whisper encouraging (and moderately sexual) things in it's ear. Maybe.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of getting into the gaming community via game stores. I've only managed to make it to one Game Day at Curious Comics, but it was a lot of fun, and I would totally do it again if I didn't have this pesky full-time job tying me down.