Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Late Nights With Stu #5

I wasn't really tired, so I got out of bed (sorry Porkchop!). That's what has become normal for me, and it sucks. I must try to go to bed at better hours. I'm tired now, but I also just puked my face off. Reattaching faces is not easy, let me tell you; It is hard to find an adhesive that works properly. So, yeah, now I'm reluctant to go to bed, in case I got's to puke again.

So how about that local sports team?

Christmas is coming up soon. Now, I don't know about you cats, but I dig X-mas. I like the lights, and the trees, and even the snow, so long as it goes away completely in a day or two (which almost never happens). I'm not a big fan of the songs though. Too much God-Talk in most of them, and they tend to get stuck in my head far too easily. Working in a retail store will also get your hate for Christmas tunes going, because then you get to listen to them all day, every day for two months.

There is, however, one Christmas song I really enjoy. One I listen to throughout the year. It is called "White Wine in the Sun," and it is by a comedian by the name of Tim Minchin. This song is not meant to be particularly funny, but it's amazing, and it will be a Christmas staple in my household FOREVER. Check it out!



Tim has also composed the songs for the Royal Shakespeare Company's "Matilda, A Musical," based on the the beloved Roald Dahl classic "Matilda," and hot damn, I wish I could go. Unfortunately, I don't live in England. Shit. Check out the shows webpage here. You know what, while you're at it, you might as well take a gander over Tim's Website. That's right! Time Minchin is giving away geese at his website! Limited Time Offer!

haha.... get it? Gander... male goose.... get it?

... Fuck off.



And, get off my lawn, by the way.