Friday, June 18, 2010

I wanted to be a Poet

I want to write a poem
So I'll take out my pen;
Take out my paper
And sit at my table.

Tap, Tap, Tap,
Goes my pen, as I ponder my Poem.

Should I describe the Sunset
In all it's radiant beauty?
The way it paints the clouds
With great yet subtle
Pinks and Purples?
The glorious Sunset,
In all it's remarkable... remarkableness...

No, it's been done to death,
And anyway, imagery's not really my bag.

I'll write about my Love
And how she makes my feel.
She makes me feel like a sunny day
Bright, and happy, and clear.
Like the birds sing a ditty,
Just for her and I, and
It's so lovely, in it's lovely... loveliness...

No, that one's been done
More than the other one,
And anyway, I'm no Romantic.

I'll write about Society.
Yeah, society, and how it's gone to shit.
But I don't really read the paper,
And I'm not sure whats going on
That makes it quite so bad,
Only that kids are growing up
Without any Dads.
Society, in all it's loathsome... loathability.

Tap... tap... tap...

I wanted to write a Poem,
Only I wasn't sure where to begin.
I took out my pen;
Took out my paper,
And the words never came.

I wanted to be Poet
But found I didn't know how.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

That is actually a quite enjoyable poem.