Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heroes in A CGI Shell

Okay, so I realize I've been seriously (or "srsly" for all you young hip kids out there.) lacking in the post department, but fuck you, alright? I've been busy having a job which unfortunately, must take up most of my time. I know, lamezors, right?

Anyhoo, for those of you who may not know, way way back in the ninteen eighties secret government employees dug up famous guys and ladies...

Nope, wrong story... let me try again.

Way way back in October 2009, TMNT co-creator Peter Laird sold all intellectual rights to the Turtles to Nickelodeon/Viacom for a tidy sum of sixty million cash dollarz. This has left many fans wondering what will become of the Terrific Terrapins.

Well, we need only wait until late 2012. Nickelodeon has released a sneak peek today, giving us a first glimpse. Check it out here.

Now obviously I can't form any concrete opinions yet, but I'm not entirely pleased with the look. Maybe it will be refined and messed with in the next year, maybe it won't. Either way, I eagerly anticipate the first of the planned 26 episodes, expecting good things from the folks who brought us some damn fine cartoons, like Rugrats, Spongebob, and many others that I really can't think of right now. Oh, Danny Phantom wasn't too bad.

To read Peter Lairds thoughts on the TMNT sale, check out his blog posts here and here.

2 comments:

DANG said...

Ooh, ooh! Avatar!

Strange Brood Tabletop said...

yeah! that show is the biz-omb!