Thursday, September 9, 2010

Interesting Title

Remember those cookies I was talking about? They were awesome. You should be jealous, that's how good they were.

Moving on...

Here's something that has been bugging the hell out of me lately. Have you noticed that lately fewer and fewer movies seem to be coming out that are actually fairly original ideas? They all seem to be remakes of tv shows from the 80's, or based on a book, or a comic, or a remake of an original movie, or SOMETHING. Now, I'm sure that now that I've said this you are all thinking of a bajillion movies to throw at me that are nice original storyline with unique characters, however, the ones that are advertised relentlessly, the ones I see the most? Such is not the case, friends, and I don't know why, but I find it very unsettling, as though all the originality in movies is dying out. I mean, I know movies have been made based on books and what-not since, well, since they started making movies... I dunno. Just something I've noticed.

Speaking of movies being based on stuff, check out this trailer the folks at IGN.com put together for a fake Legend of Zelda movie. It looks amazing. Someone needs to convince Nintendo that this movie would make huge amounts of dollarz. Check it out here.

Well, that's all I got for now. However, I would like to know who you think would make a good Link, or Zelda, or Gannondorf if they were to do a movie. And if you don't know who those characters are, then you probably have no reason to be reading this, and might not have any reason for being my friend.


Until next time, Get offa my lawn, you damn kids!

4 comments:

Jonathon Dunning said...

I'd say Chris Pine for Link, Scarlett Johanson for Zelda, and Ben Kingsley for Ganondorf. But knowing Hollywood they'd probably make it Orlando Bloom, Dakota Fanning, and Nicolas Cage or something.

Shia Labeouf said...

What about that guy from those Transformers movies? I think he'd make fantastic Link!

Strange Brood Tabletop said...

good choices, Jon. Although I do think Nick Cage would make a decent Ganondorf.

Dan said...

Shia Labeouf can play navi.